Monday, January 10, 2011

Teenage memories and realities

Today is a day filled with ironies.

My 10 year old daughter is going to her first, school “dinner and dance” tonight for 5th graders. She has her clothes picked out and a friend coming over to prepare with her. What fun. Memories come flooding back for me. It’s an awkward age, filled with all kinds of firsts, new feelings, experiences, changes, pressures and fun.

Today is also the day I am scheduled to go get braces put on my lower teeth. For those that haven’t read my post from last summer, my daughter and I visited the ortho together last year, with the intention of getting her teeth analyzed and possible BRACED. Well, turns out I am the one that needs them.

SO as I watch my daughter and her friend head off tonight to a wonderful new pre-teen experience, my smile will be filled with a mouthful of teenage memories, literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment